Jamaica Avenue

Jamaica Avenue is a vibrant neighborhood in Queens Village, NY. The area is home to a diverse array of businesses, including restaurants, shops, and cultural institutions. Jamaica Avenue is also well-connected to the rest of the city, with easy access to public transportation. The neighborhood is a great place to live, work, and raise a family. There are plenty of things to do in Jamaica Avenue, and the community is warm and welcoming.


According to the most recent census data, the population of Jamaica Avenue is 38,468. The vast majority of residents are black or African-American (80%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (12%), Asian (4%), and white (3%). The median household income is $53,125, and the median home value is $357,500. The majority of residents are renters (60%), while owner-occupied homes make up the remaining 40%. Jamaica Avenue is a diverse and vibrant neighborhood in Queens Village, New York. Residents enjoy access to a variety of amenities and attractions, including shops, restaurants, parks, and schools. The area is also well-connected to the rest of New York City, thanks to its convenient location near major transportation hubs.


One of the most important things for a thriving community is education. In Jamaica Avenue,  there are many different educational opportunities available to residents. Elementary and secondary schools are available through the New York City public school system. There are also several private and charter schools in the area. In addition, Queens Village is home to several colleges and universities, including St. John’s University and Queens College. As a result, residents of Jamaica Avenue have many different options when it comes to pursuing their education.


Jamaica Avenue is known for its diverse population and abundance of cultural attractions. Jamaica Avenue is also a popular tourist destination, as it is home to several historic landmarks. The most notable of these is the Brooklyn Theatre, which was built in 1826 and is one of the oldest theaters in the United States. Other popular attractions include the Queens Zoo, the Queens Museum, and the Queens Botanical Garden. Jamaica Avenue is also home to a number of unique shops and restaurants, making it a great place to explore.

Overall, Jamaica Avenue is a vibrant and welcoming community. Residents are proud of their neighborhood and its history. They are also quick to help out their neighbors, whether it’s lending a hand with yard work or offering advice on where to find the best bargains. If you’re looking for a close-knit community with plenty of personality, Jamaica Avenue is the place for you.


In addition, if you’re looking for a quiet and close-knit neighborhood, look no further than Monterey Street. Although it’s just a few blocks long, this street is home to a diverse group of families who have been living here for generations. While the houses on Monterey Street are modest in size, they are well-maintained and surrounded by spacious yards. In the summer, you’ll often see residents working in their gardens or chatting with neighbors over a cup of coffee.

D’Angelo Law Associates, PC – Queen’s Village

Recommended Posts